The number of scenarios in a project can grow very quickly, so finding the right feature file is important. SpecFlow+ LivingDoc allows you to search for tags and titles (features, scenarios, scenario outlines).
Searching Within the Entire Documentation¶
To search within your entire documentation:
- Enter your search term in the Filter field. As you type, the results of the search are updated in the feature explorer.search term
- Folders, features and scenarios containing the search term in the title or in the tags are displayed in blue. Node titles displayed in grey do not contain the search term, but at least one child or parent item title or corresponding tag contains the search term. All other nodes (i.e. with no hits) are hidden in the tree.
- Click on an entry in the tree to display that entry. The search term is highlighted in the content. Search
Searching Within Specific Elements¶
You can restrict the search so that your search terms is only searched for in titles, descriptions, steps or tags.
To include steps and descriptions in your search:
- Open the Filter by drop-down. filter by
- Select those elements you want to search in from the list.
- Enter your search term in the Filter field. As you type, the results of the search are updated in the tree below.