We recommend that you take a look at this sample feature file and its related Excel file, which includes additional examples for the feature file, before studying rules in detail.
- Values (in particular non-string values) entered in cells are converted according to the general cell conversion rules.
- You can use Excel formulas in the Excel file. The plugin uses the result of the formula result to execute your tests.
- Empty Excel rows are ignored.
- Merged cells: Gherkin tables do not support merged cells, so merged cells are converted so that the first cell contains the value and the other cells are empty.
- The first row in the sheet is the examples header row, and must match to the header row specified in the feature file (same columns, same order).